This is the southern part of the Panchaganga Ghat, and named after famous 10th century temple of Veni Madhava. This ghat is eulogised in the KKh (59.120-121, also 61.243-244). The Veni Madhav temple, which was in ruins since CE 1496, was rebuilt by the king of Amber (Rajasthan) in 1585 together with a palace at Man Mandir Ghat. In 1669-70 the temple was demolished by the order of Mughal emperor Aurangazeb and converted into a mosque. This mosque serves as landmark touching the skyline in the area. The black marble made image of Vishnu has been re-established in the upper storey of the nearby building called Lakshmanabala which attracts hundred of devout Hindu every day, and the number crosses over thousands on the special festive days. The image is considered to be an awakened one, and one among the most notable old images of Vishnu.