Attached to the northern part of the Causatthi Ghat, the palace at the ghat was built in ca 1670 by the king Rana Jagatsingh of Udaipur (Rajasthan), thus it is called as Rana Mahal ghat. During his pilgrimage to Kashi the king has taken shelter in this palace. The palace is a distinct example of Rajasthani style of architecture. There are three porches facing the Ganga river, and the windows with stone networking are the additional example of craftsmanship. From the river bank towards the upper part at every five steps there is a platform. In the upper portion of steps in north and south there are niches containing Shiva lingas. In its vicinity at the upper part there is a shrine of Vakratunda Vinayaka (house no. D 21/ 22).