Till early 20th the Nishadaraja Ghat was part of Prabhu Ghat, but dominance of the inhabitants of the caste of boatmen and further opening of a temple (house no. B 3/ 78) in commemoration of the boatmen-king, Nishada,. in 1970s have resulted to give this name. Nishada was a mythical hero of fishermen of the Ramayana period who had helped lord Rama to go across the Ganga river. About twelve thousands boatmen live in the neighbourhood. With the support of Boatmen Organisation this ghat was made pucca in 1946. This ghat has no religious and cultural significance. This ghat was built up by the king of Pancakota Eastate of Bengal in 1915, that is how the name has been given to the ghat. In fact, earlier this was part of the Shivala ghat which after passage of time get divided into five ghats. Entering from the ghat side one finds a huge compound of the wall, which contains a garden and a palace; and in the garden there are two temples, dedicated to Shiva and Kali. The queen of the estate, Vidyadevi lives in the palace. This ghat has no religious and cultural significance.