This is the extended part of the Asi Ghat, characterised by the palatial building made in ca 1830 by the patronage of the king of Banaras, Prabhunarayan Singh. A stone steps between Asi and palace separates the two ghats. The architectural style of this palace is a wonderful mixture of Rajput style and the local traditional style.
A little further down extension was made by addition of another palatial house called Rivan Ghat which can distinctively be marked by the royal symbol at the gate opening towards the ghat. This building has two parts, the one part of palace and the other one auxiliary house. This ghat was earlier named after Lala Misir, a family priest of the king of Punjab Raja Ranjit Singh. In 1879 the king of Rivan has purchased this and made sufficient repairing. The northern and the southern porches are based on the joints of pillars. Both the sides there are stone steps. In 1955 the king of Banaras has donated this palace to Banaras Hindu University that uses it as dormitory for students of performance art and music. During 1985-2000 the ghat was fully covered by the siltation during annual flood. Thanks to a NGO, under the direction of Shanti Lal Jain, that the silt has been fully recovered and now there exists open space. Some of tea shops have occupied the area.